Dear Mr. Stranger


Dear Mister stranger,

I guess it may result odd to you being called in such a manner. Please, let me explain myself; you will see it is quite clear once I get this off my chest. I hope my emotions do not mislead me and make me put my foot into my mouth without even noticing.

While I write these words, bittersweet memories assault me— laughter, movies, kisses, geeky talks at midnight— I used to cherish them so much, but now they are such a pain in the neck! Like this devilish smile that haunts me when I remember your lies...I´m losing my path again. This is a bitter pill to swallow, but I must go on. After all, some say love is blinding, yet time and loneliness are enlightening (and you gave me a lot of both).

Every time you say you love me, it feels like a slap in the face; it is no longer true: now it´s just a phrase. I am sick of searching someone to blame: “was it your coldness? Was I too selfish?” Does it even matter? What I hate the most about you is that I cannot hate you. I try so hard to find reasons, but you gave me none; you never had a chip on your shoulder or spoke with other girls behind my back. The only thing I can put on you is giving up too fast. While you are too coward to say the words, I am too tired to hold this heartache any longer. We passed from being inseparable to keep each other at arm´s length and when we are together you keep biting your tongue (yes, I do notice).

I admit I learned a lot with you: you showed me feelings I never knew existed, you gave me moments I will always treasure, and overall, you reminded me how special I am, as special as you will always be. However, I deserve someone who sees that I am worth fighting for . So, I must give you the elbow; time to let it go.

Everything will be fine; soon enough you will find another girl to cover in complements. In case there is still something of the man I “loved” in you, let me assure you, I will be ok: your presence gave me pleasure, but so does Netflix and chill. That it what I’m going to do: chill out with my friends, read a lot and take care of the one I shall love the most: me. Soon enough, someone will come to share what you lost.

Goodbye Mister Stranger, have a nice life.

YSFP

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Mentiroso mentiroso

No me cortes las alas

Entrada