Struggles


Struggles


When I was a tot,
I really loved to play,
but my papa used to say
“You stay away from that child”

I didn´t understood what he meant;
he was pale like a ghost
I was dark as the night
but we both had hands and feet
and we both liked candy and cars.

When I was a teen,
I loved a gorgeous girl,
but my mama used to say
“You stay away from that gal”

I barely understood what she meant;
her eyes were a cloudless sky,
my eyes were filled with stars,
and together we were a world
that no one else could understand.

Now in adulthood I remember
what my nana used to say
“My boy, things have changed”
and now I understand
that she was in a mistake.

She said I can walk freely,
for I can move among white feet,
but I´m not free of their hateful looks
their fear when I wear a hood
and their kicks on my rear.

To be afraid of the police
whenever they pass by!
We´re the Turkish head
when everything falls apart!

We, the threat for living creatures,
the menace to the children,
corruptors of the women,
gold diggers to the men.

Bittersweet memories of my past!
Scars of my skin and my mind,
you poor victims of the chains,
that curse my path in life.

If freedom ever comes
for me and my brothers in disgrace,
I´m afraid I will not see it;
perhaps I will believe it
and it will still be a lie.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Mentiroso mentiroso

No me cortes las alas

Entrada