To a lost light



I don´t want to write another poem for you: I want to write something to you.

You don´t know me and I never knew you, yet I miss you. It´s weird how one can long so badly what was never held: I would have loved to gaze at your eyes, dressed in innocent maturity; next to a valley of heat and dust, a gleam of oblivious hope. Now that I know I will never know, I wish to hear your voice and mine colliding, our hands bonding, our souls tiding. Ever since that day, I try to remain silent, hoping to hear your childish laughter, tickling my ears in oriental winds.

Damned those beasts who diminished our meeting: a dream that was born the day you were gone. Damned they who swallowed your light and puked a sea of mourners. Here I am: a simple drop: not from the same waters, yet not less blue.

Why isn´t the world calling your name? Why are you not answering? Why are we not moving?
My legs are not broken, but how can I, march when my heart is frozen?
I´m not drugged, but I´m doped with numbness.
My body was not raped, but my peace was violated by loathing.
All I have now are motionless rage and tears.

All I need is to lick this bitter present and shake away the paralysis. Please help me, help us, my beloved stranger: let your eyes sparkle through the pictures and ignite us, slaves of our own dark temples. Pinch our palms with your thorns: we need to know we still feel, that this is real, that you were real and somehow still are.

Rest in peace Asifa.

YSFP


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Mentiroso mentiroso

No me cortes las alas

Entrada