Jerome

Jerome


When I´m in memoryland
I cannot avoid thinking
On that dark spot in the pictures
My childhood friend Jerome

He was really smart
He played basket like a pro
And he was nice as none
His skin might look like onyx
But he had a golden heart

I remember with sorrow
That gloomy summer night
When we were throwing at each other
Water balloons in the park

My dad appeared from nowhere
His iron hand grabbed my arm
He said something to my pal
And dragged me home

What a shock was for me to see
Hell itself in my father´s eyes
Perhaps Jerome didn´t want to burn
Or he saw the devil inside

What it was I just cannot tell
Or maybe I´m too scared
All I know is I never saw again
My sweet old friend Jerome
Oh father! Tell me please
from your wooden closed bed,
what fearful seed did you put on me?
Why in their smiles I see a grim?
Why are their eyes such a deep pit?

What is this fear to their skin?
Why am I always luckier than they?
Why when I go to pray
I feel they carry the most sins?

I feel my son´s eyes on my nape
A tender smile and he is on my lap
Maybe I cannot get rid of my seed
But I can avoid planting one on him
Because love and understanding is
What this rotten world needs
Yanil Sabrina Feliz Pache

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Mentiroso mentiroso

No me cortes las alas

Entrada